Lone Pine’s COVID-19 update
Before you visit
- You will be required to provide contact information at the time of booking for the purpose of contact tracing. This is a Queensland Government requirement.
- We ask that you do not visit Lone Pine if you have any symptoms of COVID-19, including but not limited to; sore throat, coughing, shortness of breath, fever.
- If you present with symptoms or display symptoms during your visit, you may be asked to leave to protect the safety of other visitors and staff.
- Do not visit Lone Pine if you have been instructed to self-isolate for any reason, including
- Recent travel
- Contact with a confirmed case
- Awaiting test results for COVID-19
- We ask that you practice good hygiene at all times during your visit and adhere to social distancing requirements.
- We encourage you to download the Australian Government’s COVIDSafe app to assist with contact tracing.
The following shows and activities are open:
- Wild Lorikeet Feeding at 9:45am and 4:00pm (spectators only. No handling of feed dishes)
- Free Flight Raptor Shows at 10:30am and 12:30pm (limited capacity)
- Amended Sheep Dog Show at 11:00am weekdays,11:00am & 1:00pm weekends & public holidays (limited capacity) during construction of a new undercover seating area. Please note there will be no seating during this time.
- Keep an eye out for animals out on walks, free flights, or in training sessions (please maintain social distancing with keepers at all times)
- View all of our outdoor exhibits and indoor platypus exhibit
- Hand-feed our free-range kangaroos and wallabies from 9am-4:30pm
- Koala opportunities: ‘Touch a Koala’ sessions are at 10:30am-12:30pm and 2pm-3pm. Tickets are available from the main koala exhibit. $15/ per family of up to four people. Guests can still meet a koala, touch its fur and have a professional photo taken with our koalas.
- Check out our new finches and princess parrot aviary
- Enjoy a coffee and snack at our Riverside Café or ‘The Sleepy Koala’ (opening hours subject to change)
The following will remain closed until further restrictions are lifted:
- Reptile and Amphibian Habitat
- Keeper talks
- Koala/snake/raptor holds and photos
- Barn encounter